Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving in Peru!


I was so blessed to be invited by Jessa’s family friend to their house for Thanksgiving on Thursday! They are both workers for the US government who are living in Lima and the moment we stepped in the door the atmosphere was extremely welcoming and warm. Leah and I came a little bit late because we had our last Spanish class (yay I am done with classes!) so we arrived just as the final touches were getting put together. Luis, the father of the household poured me a glass of wine and we sat down to enjoy the first course of pumpkin soup (delicious).



 Then, we ate turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce (from crate and barrel) green beans wrapped in bacon and a delicious salad. Needless to say, it was fabulous. Everything was delicious and the environment was just lovely. The family consists of Luis, Kathy and their 13 year old daughter Tori, who is mature well beyond her age and a joy to talk to. We were also joined by Kathy’s friend and her daughter who is 11, also Americans. 


For dessert, we had pumpkin roll and chocolate covered strawberries that Jessa and I prepared and apple pie and vanilla ice cream prepared by them. Also was delicious. Great conversation, such a nice family, delicious food. I could not have been more happy and feel more lucky!
I do miss my family quite a bit and am really excited to see everyone for Christmas when I get home.

Happy Holiday Season everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment